From the land of the lost...there is life.

Monday, June 03, 2002

He Jumps Through Flaming Hoops

I'm at work. Spent. Done. Cashed out. It's Monday at 3pm.


Monday's can go either way as far as putting me through the wringer. It's a day full of status, team and staff meetings. This can make it go fast, or tire you out. Today it tired me out. I was super focused on presenting a lot of information today on several projects. As a result, everything went swimmingly.


The price is I have nothing left. I'm friggin blogging so it looks like I am typing away on a message planner or another email media pitch. But you know the real truth. My act in the big top is over. I jumped through flaming hoops all morn and, as a result...I'm dog tired.


The anxieties I had been allowing in my life have for the time being subsided. And for that, I am one happy man. Tomorrow, at 2pm is my annual review. I've been here 6 years. Dunno what to expect, but my fingers are crossed. Maybe I should spend the last hours of today reviewing the past year, encapsulating my strenghts and my weak, er I mean, growth opportunities, and come up with something about what I want to do in the coming year. Alas, it's all a means to an end lately and all my goals are currently focused on life...not work. Is that bad?