From the land of the lost...there is life.

Monday, May 20, 2002

the downside of my job

a coworker came to me today and informed me he is looking for a new job. let's call him joe. joe wanted me to know out of respect. another coworker, let's call her sarah, told me she might have to quit for childcare logistical reasons. sarah wanrted me to know for god only knows what reason. neither owed me the heads up...and I take joe more seriously than sarah anyways. bottom line is that the advertising industry is pretty dynamic with clients and coworkers coming and going at a seemingly regular pace.

six years I have been at my current job -- I work in the cincinnati market. the cincinnati advertising market is not the largest.

when I grow up/long term I want to go over to the "client side" and get a corporate marketing job. sure there are no more guarantees for job stability on the corporate side of things, but I tire of seeing everyone else leave here. it gives me cognitive dissonance and the fear that the longer I stay, the harder it will be to get that next job.


the market and economy also suck though. so until I find the right job...you see the vicious circle here, right?


monday blues. indeed.