From the land of the lost...there is life.

Tuesday, May 14, 2002

It's ALL good


ahh yes, remember me? no really, I will post here enough in the future that you will care to return and read up on my so-called exploits.


here's an email address so you can tell me more: splendrific@yahoo.com


so I am spending the week at home, taking vacation time to watch my daughter while my wife earns some extra cash substitute teaching. she is a career mom now but used to teach. she has no regrets and I am loving the extra time with my daughter. the kid has effectively stolen any cool I once had. being sober is something I am doing for myself, but I want to be sober for her. 12 months old and she's already a heartbreaker.


soooo...is being sober boring? depends on how you look at it. bottom line for me is that I used booze to escape feeling things. so now I feel things like rage and appreciate it for what it is...raw emotion. the trick is realizing that emotions are not fact. anyway, my point here is that emotions are kind of a buzz in and of themselves.


more to come, I swear. maybe I'll even explain the meaning behind the name of this blog. this means I will in fact have to make something up. drop me a line in the meantime and tell me what YOU think it means. I will tell you spelndrific is a made up variation of the word splendor. used it in a poem once. and yes, my apologies, I write poetry. sometimes booze was not an obvious choice in dealing with my emotions and I wound up writing them down to get rid of them, to get past them.