From the land of the lost...there is life.

Friday, May 17, 2002

stress, be not proud


waaaay too stressed this week. and I am on vacation no less! the bright spot has been my 1 year old daughter. I am watching her this week and it is too cool.


but of course, I am checking in with work which is a stupid, but necessary, survival tactic. no matter how well you cover your projects prior to leaving-shit happens. and if it happens whilst you're out, people assume things unless you intervene with the facts. perceptions, even misinformed ones, are reality.



this would not be a huge deal if I did not think about it at the same time I think about my life: we want another child, we want a different house as a result. more on this later, but I ball them all together and think about them all at once. what if I lose my job with one more mouth to feed and a bigger mortgage to pay? eeek! so I am stressed and I am on vacation. yesterday I ran six miles to get out of the stress and it worked. may try for a few more miles tonight. luckily we take a REAL vacation in June. we'll be leaving town so I cannot check in on things. yea!


my parting thought is that we're blessed to have the problems that we do have. have a great weekend!