From the land of the lost...there is life.

Thursday, May 16, 2002

run, run, run!


ok, I run. I am a runner. it is the only physical activity I have really gotten into. this did not happen until I was 24. wound up losing like 40 pounds and ran a marathon (26.2 miles) within a year of starting out. People have asked me why I run and aside from the obvious benefits...I just do.

so, was tallying up the mileage to date and I am fast approaching 1,000 miles run in my short career. After the marathon I burned out hard and barely ran for a couple of years. Just last year I got back to it in earnest. So for me, 1,000 miles run is pretty cool

I will also turn 32 years of age this year so numbers have started taking on an odd importance in my life: 7 + months sober, 32 years old, recently lost another 45-50 pounds (depending on the day. and yes, those are pounds I basically gained back again vs. new pounds) and a few other things I've begun tracking.


Dunno why I am all of a sudden measuring things like this. I hate math. I prefer words. Took one math class in college my first semester freshmen year, got a C and moved on. Never looked back. But boy, 7 + months and nearly 1,000 miles speak volumes to me.