From the land of the lost...there is life.

Saturday, June 01, 2002

Lightweight

Was gonna run 3 miles today, assuming it would be hot and muggy. Wound up running 2 instead and walking the last one as I sweat my ass off. Bottom line is I ran too fast and I gave into my head telling me to take it easy and walk the last mile.

My brain is my worst enemy when I run. It can work with me or against me.

I also chalk up the poorer than usual performance on my blood donation yesterday. Yeah, it's a rationalization on my part, but I felt off pretty much the rest of the day. Wondering if this could have had an impact on my run made me question if I was a "lightweight" or not. I mean, what's the big deal over a pint of blood? The pecan sandies and apple juice I scarfed down afterwards should have been plenty to bring me back to 100 percent.

Well, I wound up weighing myself when I got back from my run and I was just under 200 pounds. This is my lowest weight since I started dieting and running full time back in September 2001. So I think stress on top of diet and excercise has a little bit to do with me being lighter weight than usual.

The good news is I get my blood tested on Tuesday to get locked into a lower life insurance rate. So my weight being down should play to my advantage if I lay off the dairy and red meat till then. If my cholesterol rating comes in lower than 209, I think I will celebrate with some proscuitto and mozarella and wash it down with a funnel cake.

Segueway. Remember how I noted I once wanted to buried in a robe made of proscuitto? Well, this was my way of saying, I LUV the thinly sliced smoked ham product from Italy. Prior to that scenario, I once said I wanted to be embalmed in a funnel cake. Those bidding me farewell could sprinkle powdered sugar on me. And prior to that scenario, when I was in college, I said I wanted my head turned into a bong. A small hole in the back of my head would hold the plastic tube, my mouth would serve as the bowl and my nose would be the carb.

Yeah, college days. Hehehe. Anyway, all these ideas aside, it will be an Irish wake. So if you're there, plan on having a few drinks. Some of the best parties I have been to have been Irish wakes. Plenty of booze and food.

But I am, once again, getting ahead of myself. I have a whole other thing on wakes that I do not want to get into yet. One reason I will have less to write about here and mainly I do not want you thinking I am obsessed with death. If I was, I would not give a shit about my cholesterol, I can tell you that.