From the land of the lost...there is life.

Wednesday, May 22, 2002

worry wart

lately it seems like I get one thing in my life nailed down and sure as hell something else breaks.

felt pretty good about us not bidding on the perfect house. we simply need to save more before moving.

so tonight we had our a/c checked and first the technician tells me I'll need to replace a part and then he tells me not to bother at all. we'll be lucky if the unit will last the summer.

sweet.

stay at home mom and daughter will be lovin life when the a/c gives out.

ka-ching!

I chalked it up to a sure sign that we should stay put. my wife had a better spin. we'll be moving and there's no telling when the thing will break. the house will come with a home warranty so we're going to wait and see what happens.

caveat: I let stupid things like this stress me out more than I should. I am anal retentive and tightly wound. I accept it. but oddly enough I have not caught myself wanting to drink through any of these situations. I used to drink when I was stressed...when things were bad...when things were good. pretty much every night. but I have not been getting the crave during stressful times. so while I still need to chill, it is great to note I am riding out the wave of stress and not cracking open a beer instead. either I'm handling things really well or I'm in some serious fucking denial.

well, ok. NEAR BEER is another story. I do drink non-alcoholic brew...but not as much as I drank the real stuff. and YES I know there IS alcohol in near beer. Do YOU know how much? Some soy sauces have more alcohol per volume in them then near beer. And its not like I'd wind up drinking a case of pretend beer/fake beer/beer-flavored water, in an attempt to catch a buzz.

this reminds me to note how much a pain in the ass it is to get near beer. so much so I thought it would be a great idea to market near beer micro brews, near beer that came in 22 oz and 40 oz bottles...all in an attempt to blend better into the real beer world AND provide us water drinkers with more options. I even had a great name for a microbrew brand: buzz kill.