From the land of the lost...there is life.

Thursday, June 13, 2002

e-Check

ventured out during early work hours to get my e-Check done. considering I was on the clock, it went down real fast. a painless extraction of $20.00 from a system FULL of flaws. the only minor pain in my ass was the fact that the guy testing my car moved my seat. what is it about seat positions that make them seem unatainable once they've been moved? I used to think the luxury cars that remembered seat positions was over the top and unnecessary. NO MORE!

so if THIS is all I can bitch about...life must be pretty good, huh?

fine. all is well. but there was a time where the car I drove did not pass e-Check. it was my red chevy cavalier. the car made infamous by the movie Swingers. If you recall, Mikey (Jon Favreau) starts a conversation with a girl at a party. She immediately asks what kind of car he drives. He tells her: red chevy cavalier. she immediately begins to ignore him. the car was an instant deal breaker.

I drove that car across country...it served me very well. Until what might have been its last e-Check. It did not pass at first. Luckily the tester told me what to do to get it to pass. "Whatcha gotta do is take it out on the highway before you bring it here and really punch it. Blast all those impurities outta your engine." Yeah, like I said...a system full of holes. But it worked.