From the land of the lost...there is life.

Monday, June 10, 2002

guest blog

Half Mad Spinster asked me to guest blog. Due to some stupid code issues, things got screwed up. I was going to spiff my site and promote it, but the code would have identified me as my true meatspace identity. So HMS wound up posting it with no promotional info in it. But YOU know the truth. I wrote it!

Noticed this blog has taken away from the time I use to write in my booze clues journal. The receptacle where I place any and all emotions. So hats off to blogger for serving a useful purpose in my life. I like the fact that this gets me writing more than ever. That's the funny thing about writing...even when you do it for a living...it's tough. Authors force themselves to write everyday for a certain amount of time. Even if it does not relate to their current project.

The light at the end of the tunnel here is that while it might not get easier to do, your writing sure as hell improves. Lately I have been in an editing position. And, while it's an art, I enjoy doing it. Mostly I work on easy stuff...proofing it and tightening it up. Sometimes I will really put something on the blocks and reorganize it.

anyways...my weekend went well. got a lot done and enjoyed myself. also had some quality time with my daughter which is better than sliced bread any day of the week. she is a blast to play with and to spend time with her in any way relaxes me.