From the land of the lost...there is life.

Friday, June 07, 2002

busy bee

today and this weekend hold tons of activity. work will entail moving ahead on several projects for a client...between that and the usual Friday factor...the day will scoot by.

the steady rain this week means saturday afternoon will be spent cutting the grass, trimming bushes (hmm, that sounds connotative) and edging. blow me. it's a safe and easy way for me to feel like I am tending to our homestead. I enjoy it.

I also enjoy running and will be hitting an 8 mile run with a good friend of mine Saturday morning. That run will put me within 2 or 3 miles of 1,000 career miles run since I started the sadistic activity in 1994. sweet.

Saturday night will entail a painful couples baby shower. the whole COUPLES shower concept blows ass. wedding, baby and if there are other chick shower parties we'll probably start getting pulled into those as well. thankfully I like the people being "showered" with gifts.

and it will all be done clean and sober? sure. what the heck. why not. sooner or later I will have 8 months of sobriety under my belt and then I'll aim for 9 to match the length of time an expectant mom stays on the wagon. then I'll wanna hit 10 months for the double-digit effect. and then I'll wanna be able to say I held off a whole year. after that?

blackouts!

hehehe.

get back to work dammit. you're 8 hours away from freedom. sweet, heavenly freedom from the man.

FLY, BE FREE!