From the land of the lost...there is life.

Monday, October 28, 2002

project greener grass

I took to calling our house hunt "project greener grass" at first as a bit of a joke...the grass is ALWAYS greener, right? I was happy in our old house. I even noted said comfort and happiness to myself back in late April/early May. I clearly remember doing so as I pulled into the driveway, returning home from work.

thank my higher power that wife has vision.

no, she did not know the market would get as good as its gotten for buying a house. but she knew we would need a house if we have baby 2 (cross fingers and knock wood that the boys can still swim). she also saw, better than I, that our old neighborhood in time is going to be questionable for raising two kids within. add the thru traffic we get and BAM...we were in the market for a new house.

flash forward six months and we are now in the new house. we turn keys over for our old house on Wednesday. I won't bore you with any details of likes and dislikes or get nostalgic over old house (I did that already and I can always bore you with new house details later, right?). but suffice to say, we even have Internet access back (cable modems rock!) now and all is well. new place, new life. greener grass. joy. or to use my daughter's latest phrase "appy appy!" translation: happy happy!