From the land of the lost...there is life.

Monday, October 14, 2002

road trip

tomorrow I'm leaving town for an overnight business trip. this one is easy compared to my last trip. it's shorter and all i have to do is learn on behalf of my client. it's a fact-finding mission of sorts.

sure, there will be the usual game faces needed, but it should go well.

so why am i fucking anxious? a year into this gig and I see things more clearly. but part of me wants to eliminate irrational emotion. since i cannot drink through it, my head tells me i should be able to eliminate it.

my shrink and i have discussed this. it's silly. a certain level of nerves means i have a pulse and i am normal. if i did not feel nervous i might not do a good job.

it's simple shit like this that i am relearning. i did not grow in many ways once i started drinking. i hit pause on my emotional growth. so now i am 32 years old and taking baby steps. beats suspended animation any day.