From the land of the lost...there is life.

Wednesday, October 02, 2002

search sucks

that cornball, children's saturday morning tv program - Land of the Lost - is pulling some nice traffic to this site. Someone in Hollywood should wise up and start tracking what nostalgic characters, shows and topics pop up most on search engines when deciding which brand they should pump money into and revive. It worked for Spiderman.

where I work we offer a service that aims to place you at the top of searches...search engine strategy we call it. it's maddening. every engine has different rules and when you find a way to beat the system...they change the rules. and other times there is seemingly no rhyme or reason to it at all. end result is your clients think YOU are changing the rules on THEM to make more money. Trust me. We'd love to get them placed at the top of the pile and move on. I know one person in particular that would reach nirvana if that were the case.

I've been noting what referrals I get to this site and another one I run. The Land of the Lost searches are off the charts. And each time these nostalgic fools click on my page, what a nice surprise they get: sobering thought. ;-) Anyway, on my other site I get even better results on a lot of engines. It is bizzare that someone can be paid to get you top placement and someone else can not even try and pull it off. It's brutal. But it pays the bills, right?