From the land of the lost...there is life.

Monday, September 23, 2002

"we all fall down!"

music is to a child like water is to a plant. we started playing tunes during lunch and dinner with our daughter. we also started eating fruit at the end of these meals...an Italian thing. the fruit is good for the body, music good for the soul.

soul, schmole...it is a nice change of pace and beats having the idiot box on. watching my daughter try to dance to the music while in her high chair is pretty cool. she likes what she hears. but I did have an "American Beauty" flashback at one point. she will ultimately grow out of our music and then, someday perhaps, back into it.

I've been making it a point to play with my daughter each night...not just weekends (when we typically spend more time together). she loves being chased, she loves when her Dad throws her up into the air and when her Dad flips her. she laughs and giggles and smiles. it's the best.

went to psychologist visit #3 of 12 (I was approved by my overpriced and underserving health care plan for 12 visits. then I guess I have to touch base with them again and reassure them I'm still fucked in the head and am not just going for the joy of sitting on this particular couch once a week for an hour).

we're organized now based on three discussions and will start getting constructive on how I might better deal with emotions. sounds easy enough, but when your primary reaction to emotions (good or bad) is drinking, you forget how to do this. I am happy that the first three sessions have sorted things out and confirmed some of my suspicions. it has also helped me realize some other things. but I am ready to begin working on the problems. left unchecked, I could surely fall off the wagon. you have to keep working on the problems or they will just come back.