From the land of the lost...there is life.

Monday, September 02, 2002

short week

labor day is in its final hours as the last gasp of summer exhales.

sweet crap. what did I just type up there? it is so bad, I am punishing myself (in addition to YOU) and leaving it up there.

had a great long weekend. wound up running twice. it feels good and you sweat yer ass off. so I must be keeping the weight off. now I want to actually start training for the annual Turkey Trot. I think this will be my eigth or ninth year running it. It's a Thanksgiving Day 10-K (6.2 mile) race. Each year my time got longer and longer. Last year, I broke that trend and actually reached my third fastest time. this firmly and finally got me back into running. So this year I want to train for the race and see what happens.

The short week at work will be good and bad. I have plenty to do for my event in October. So I could use the extra day. But I also have plenty of house stuff going on right now so I guess it is six of one, half dozen the other.

Our house is now on the market and we need to sell, Sell, SELL! in order to get into our new digs. It takes an average of 25 days to sell a house in my area or town. It will seem like 25 years. This is the first time we've had to sell one to get into one. eek! stress is one thing, but you also feel like you are living in some sort of museum limbo when your house is on the market. you want to get out of the house and into your new house. you have to live there and keep it clean so you can show it at a moment's notice. so you are not living comfortably as you might usually. but it will be worth it I suspect.

wednesday I am looking forward to. I'll have my second meeting with my therapist. one more session where I tell all. then comes the working sessions. working on all of this crap at once is no small task, but it feels good to be making progress. for years when I was drinking I really was not growing emotionally. I never really could tell myself who I was. doing things like this help me answer that question...finally.