From the land of the lost...there is life.

Wednesday, August 21, 2002

strange things afoot

work is the usual rollercoaster. found out big changes are enroute. nothing like layoffs or something that dramatically impacts my day-to-day directly...just the usual, frequent change experienced in advertising life. in fact, I welcome this one as it might shake everyone out of the same old, bullshit, summer funk we seemingly are in.

coworkers, myself included, all bitch about how volatile the advertising industry is. and in the quiet doldrums of August, when everyone is trying to dump their last few vacation days, you can sense everyone's misery over not having any new clients to work on and being bored with the same old.

note to management: give us a bar of gold and we'll bitch it's too heavy. as much as it can stress me, I welcome the change. change is opportunity. it might force you to find opportunity elsewhere...but that can be good too.

note to the approximately two people that now who in the hell I am AND that read this blog: I ain't telling ya what I know. arguably whatever you think it might be is more fantastic and outrageous than what the truth actually holds. therefore, I am even more encouraged to keep mum about it.