From the land of the lost...there is life.

Sunday, August 18, 2002

lotsa life stuff

the past few days have been nearly a blur as we move through a lot of stuff going on in our lives:

wife's grandmother: she passed away Thursday evening surrounded by her family. 93 years is a long, full life. her funeral is Monday. I'll be doing a reading and pallbearing. this is probably the third or fourth time I've done this for my wife's family. I'm one of five brother in laws. we're usually tapped, as a group, to be pallbearers. and while I have no problems with public speaking, the bulk of my wife's family does. I'm glad to be of help, but being a pallbearer is not a fun service to provide.

house: our realtor has another client that is looking for our type of house. we wound up cleaning late Thursday night once my wife got home—it helped us take our minds off things and pushed us to exhaustion...ensuring a good nights sleep. the cleaning prepped the house for a visit from our realtor and his client on Friday. early input is positive, but no bid yet. we'll be putting it on the market in a few weeks for real and I am sweating having to sell one house to buy another one for the very first time. *gulp*

boring miscellany: we bought a stove on wednesday and it was delivered saturday. nice to have a new appliance. weird to spec it out on line, narrow down price from three places, visit one and buy it in about 10 minutes. also wound up trimming our bushes today. due to lack of rain, I have not had to mow the grass for about a month?! of course the weeds and bushes still grow. on the very last bush, I wound up slicing right through the orange extension cord...instantly rendering all 30 or 40 feet of it useless. luckily there were no shocks dealt out to the clipper operator. DOPH!

so now, via email, I am prepping other team members for monday staff meetings to report on progress/status during my morning absence. I only have a half day of time left for attending the funeral (which should be enough). hopefully work will not be too stressful this week. life's been weird enough without work chaos.