From the land of the lost...there is life.

Saturday, August 10, 2002

photog plans

finally figured out some easy steps to get my ass back in gear as it pertains to photography. my current camera has a manual setting, but I have yet to play with it. I'm buying a small roll of film, 12 exposures if they still have `em. Then I'm going to retrace my steps with shutter speeds and f-stops. Basically I'll log the settings for each pic and then compare the results against the log to retrain myself. Gotta lotta subjects, ideas, things I want to take pics of.

oddly enough, I have my random blog redirect button to thank for this anal retentive ephiphany. the random blog button to the left brought me to farfromreality's photo gallery. Some of her shots inspired me to quit wasting time and just do it.

If I got back to doing it regularly, I could see me focusing on architectural shots—from close-up detail shots to wide sweeping ones. blue sky, my stuff would look half as cool as this stuff from Red Square.

If I was not so cheap, I'd buy some server space so I could post some of the stuff I've already done here. It's not too bad if I do say so myself. Someday I am going to have to. I have a URL registered, but it's my actual name. And as happy as I am to have that valuable real estate, it's ironic now that I would rather have a URL a bit more off the beaten path. according to Internic, landofthelost.org and thelostone.com are available. hmmm.