From the land of the lost...there is life.

Wednesday, July 31, 2002

real quick

ok, work is busy in a good way. so I do not have a ton of time to pontificate. we're planning a client event in October and the details behind any event are endless...much less an event with nearly 20 speakers presenting.

FAME: I am pleased as punch to report my niece has gotten into the local creative and performing arts high school. you audition into it just like in the movie Fame. Art, dance, music, acting and song I think are all areas that you try out in. My niece was accepted based on her artwork and her singing. I imagine those will become her focus areas then while she learns the 3R's and dabbles in the other areas.

Good Riddance: I'm equally pleased to note Ford is going to stop manufacturing the Expedition. This thing came with it's own zip code people.

I am not a Sierra Club member...we upgraded from a Honda CRV to a Honda Odyssey to accomodate all the baby crap we haul around now. And if I hit the lottery I'd probably plunk down for a zippy sports car or an overpriced luxury sedan.

But the SUV's have gotten out of control. Cadillac makes one for pete's sake. The Lincoln Navigator eclipses your view in traffic just like the Expedition...it's brutal. And I simply must remind everyone that SUV's stand for SPORT Utility Vehicle. I have to laugh when I see the stereotypical SUV driver: afraid to sweat too much and afraid to drive over a cigarette butt for fear it'll ding their precious baby. The thing was created to drive off-road. They should accelerate over train tracks and aim for potholes. When I cannot see past them and they slam on the brakes to avoid the piece of newspaper that flew into the road it just makes my day. It also makes me question why they really bought the car.

Thanks for that, I feel much better now. Back to work...hi ho, hi ho...