From the land of the lost...there is life.

Wednesday, August 07, 2002

taking responsibility

it's been one heckuva great day...and my lunch hour is not even over yet!

below is an abbreviated note I sent to my fellow recovering friends at Addicted Bloggers:
I need to be straight with each of you on a few things.
1.) EVERYTHING, down to the last letter, you’ve read from me has been true. It’s what I have NOT told you that is the subject of this email.
2.) I am NOT an official AA member. I have never been to a meeting and, as a result, I do not have a true sponsor. Going on 9.5 months now of sobriety.
There, I said it. ...
I am paraphrasing and not giving you the whole note. But I sent it this morning and have been overwhelmed by their supportive responses. I am very glad I took responsibility for my own actions and was honest. Now I can focus on my recovery with the knowledge my online friends have got my back.

I'm even having a good day at work...(he notes skeptically). I've been super busy and busting my butt and it's looking like it will ultimately pay off. A light at the end of the tunnel. Sweet justice!