From the land of the lost...there is life.

Saturday, August 03, 2002

headnote

what else do you call a footnote for a post that is below this one? footnote from above?

re: down, not out. figured out another way to encapsulate how I'm feeling, thanks to "American Beauty." do you remember when Lester Burnham and Ricky Fitts both reference beauty? Burnham says:
"there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst...and then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life..."

I get that too. I call it crazy love when my wife or daughter give me that feeling. but sometimes I fill up with bad emotions and feel similarly. it's just not quite the same, fun ride as described above. so maybe that helps get my point across.