From the land of the lost...there is life.

Tuesday, August 20, 2002

quick update

thanks to everyone for sending their support regarding my wife's grandsmother's funeral yesterday. it was over quickly. the only thing I will note is that we ended the ceremony at the cemetery, in the masoleum where grandmother was placed into a wall crypt. and while I knew these events would be coming, I was unaware that we would WITNESS her ENTOMBMENT!

I'll spare you the details, but evidently grandmother always regretted not seeing her husband literally "put into the wall." she must have brought this up to my mother in law quite a bit. We all stayed behind as the caretakers efficiently and silently did their jobs. And by all I also mean grade school children who were in attendance. My mother in law even had to sign a release not holding anyone responsible if someone were to faint or react badly to the process.

WTF? Why would anyone watch this process? To be supportive, all I could do is watch silently.