From the land of the lost...there is life.

Sunday, October 20, 2002

closing time

"Closing time, time for you to go back to the places you will be from
Closing time, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"

Sweet crap, did I just quote Semisonic? Fuck sakes, how do I know who Semisonic is in the first place? But I digress

Monday we close on our current home. The week will be filled with trips back and forth between houses...moving small crap. Saturday will bring movers, friends to help the movers and an end to our four years here. I'll miss this house for many reasons. Some I've blathered on about here.

I'm also quite psyched about getting a new start in the new home. There's a lot that needs fixing in the new joint, more to do than when we moved in here. But I need the practice to evolve from the Colonel Hacker, Jimmy Jack, Mickey Mouse Mr. Fix-it I currently am to a Mini Bob Vila Jr of some sort. We painted most of the weekend and moved a little bit of stuff. We'll finish painting this week prior to getting some new carpet upstairs in the bedrooms. It will be my own version of "Trading Spaces" with more people and more days to do the work.

But first, Monday. Luckily tomorrow night I have another meeting with my psychologist. Looking forward to sharing my chaos theory with her. It's my own way of acknowledging the bad emotions ain't going anywhere.

BAD segue: a great friend of mine once had the following conversation with his father at the end of a heated argument...

DAD: You're not going nowhere tonight!

SON: No, Dad. That's a double negative. I'm not going anywhere tonight.

Having grown up in an Irish/German Catholic family, if I had launched this wicked perfect response across my old man's bow, I would have had to apologize...once I regained conciousness.