From the land of the lost...there is life.

Thursday, June 20, 2002

mad dash

zoom zooma zoom! work sped by today. got there early to get two critical projects nailed down prior to leaving AND to burn the last 5 of 7 planned mixes I wanted to do. it was the first and last thing I did all day, and I did generic liner notes, but they're done and ready for playing enroute to South Carolina.

got the two critical projects nailed down--I think. anything happens while I am out, it will have nothing to do with me leaving loose ends behind before heading on vacation.

My wife got my daughter's photo taken today also--what was supposed to be her 1 year photo is her 14 month photo. Such is life. We have enough photos of her to do a time lapse flipbook showing her grow from month 1 to month 14 as it is. The next kid is screwed. Mathematically I just do not see HOW we can take as many pics of #2 (no, she's not pregnant. but we ultimately hope to have another child.). On the way home from that she even stopped off and picked up prints from the last roll of film we had developed. Oh, and did I mention we're taking a video cam, camera, tripod and plenty of film for both with us on vacation?

But I digress. Came home and the night flew. Here I am at nearly midnight and I still have one or two things I need to finish for work. Nagging details really. So I do not mind. I'll be up so late it'll be earrly, but then I'm done for 10 days.

My guest blogger may or may not pop in here, dunno. I am not this person's keeper by any means. But I think you'll like the guest's take on things.

In the meantime I will leave you with one of my poems...apologies in advance:

I leave here
but never you
surrounded in a sea of others
missing you
work the day
needing you
yearning to return
just for you
apart
we are something
together we are
everything

ok, two for the price of one...
your vision dwarfed by sight
what you confine to canvas
gives me liberty
framed within these limitations
your paintings
set me free

Went through the entire journal #3 to find those two poems. I may be my worst critic, but the rest just seem non-blog worthy. And on that note, I'm outta here. See you in July.