From the land of the lost...there is life.

Wednesday, October 30, 2002

random running thoughts

scratched down a few things to post up here as it relates to me and my addiction. one of the last acts of prepping the old house for its new owners involved me finding the bowl I stashed in the rafters of my basement for "emergencies". I do not know what would have constituted an emergency prior to getting off the sauce, but I never came across an emergency after climbing onto the wagon either. I tossed it into the garbage for good measure. Thankfully pot was not tough to eliminate from my life as it pretty much had already left.

Usually. moving was a great opp for me to have several beers during and after the heavy lifting. Pleased to note as stressful as our move was, I did not miss this signature part of the event. I was just glad to get it all over and done.

Ben Affleck is a terrible actor, but Changing Lanes could have sucked more than it did. The main reason I enjoyed it was watching Samuel Jackson NOT stray off the wagon. He plays a recovering alcoholic and his sponsor is played by William Hurt. It was te highlight of the film for me. at one point, Jackson's life is pretty well enthralled in chaos and he yells at Hurt to note he has not been drinking. To which I said aloud: "NOT drinking is NOT enough!" I should have t-shirts made up, right?

Finally, the move has become a great opportunity to spend more time with my Mom. We've been doing just that and it is helping things. My hope is we'll continue the regular contact leading up to and post-Thanksgiving. I'm pretty psyched right now we're hosting my family for Thanksgiving this year. Well timed. bye.