From the land of the lost...there is life.

Sunday, December 01, 2002

comfort zone

decided that the minimum time for me to chill out with days off is 4. 4 days allows me to FEEL like i am not working. more importantly, i sometimes FORGET about all things work-related. sunday i will always get the Monday blues or at least feel the need to gird up for another week. this is the main reason why 3 days won't cut it.

this was a great break. ran, ate and spent some very good time with people i love.

also neglected to do anything other than not drink. which we all know is not enough. i did not work on my fourth step. i did not really work on my spirituality. so while i was in a comfort zone, this was not necessarily a good thing in all senses of the definition.

i mark this fact as i do not want to slide back into any of the elements from the dark ride of my addiction.

but at the same time, i will not let this fact negate the quality time i experienced.

insert segue.

my wife is taking prenatal vitamins. i knew this, but it slipped my mind until it came up tonight. we're trying to have another kid. but this simple act just somehow made it much more real. it moved me and reminded me there is much more to come.

insert another segue.

pre-Monday and i think i am coming down with something. i have the flu ache, runny nose and a sore throat that has been building for a few days. but i'll still go in. why?

thanks to vacation time, there are only three work weeks for me this month. December will fly by and work will make us earn every off day. i am taking vacation this year to spend more time at home during the down time between Christmas and New Year's Eve. the majority of the world seems to do the same. then comes next year. then comes more. there is more to come.

in the meantime, here's to today.