From the land of the lost...there is life.

Friday, December 27, 2002

santa's fists of rage

sounds like a half-assed x-box game, eh? well, it's a teaser for a post forthcoming on how i acted on my emotions on christmas eve. i did not drink. i got angry though and basically ruined two parts of my wife's christmas eve - the beginning and ending.

felt super sorry for myself when she told me all this late evening on the 24th. but then i sucked it up and realized i must take responsibility for my actions.

but that is for the post-to-come.

overall, if my holidays were going any better, i'd be in the background at the end of its a wonderful life. i'd be one of the happy townies tossing a wad of cash at george bailey.

daughter loves her new toys and santa did not go off the wagon while putting the toys together, we got a white christmas...but not so much i had to shovel. and after plenty of proscuitto and fresh mozzerlla on christmas morn, my cholesterol test came back and it's the lowest ever. from 277 to 201 over the course of a year and a half.

on the home front: just finished painting the family room. two walls are green, two smaller walls are eggplant/purple (think trading spaces vs. dr. seuss). most homeowners would not have the balls to go so dark/trendy on the color. then they bitch about their beige world. we're opting to be the ones people talk about.

digital cable pays for itself thanks to the digital music stations that come along with it. we use it as our stereo now when we're eating dinner and we used it non-stop during our painting. they play good tunes you have not listened to in a long time, but would not stop to go back and dig up to listen to yourself. plenty of stations too—from 70s and 80s stations to party tunes, big band, jazz, classic rock and even holiday music. it's a beautiful thing i tell ya.

on the car front: according to my mechanic...the only thing holding my driver side tire together was air. two new tires, new battery, oil change and new wiper blades set me back a cool $300. thankfully the christmas bills are not here yet. i wonder if my mechanic wants to beat me senseless for my lack of preventitive maintenance. what typically happens is something like this that gets me back into the "car care zone."

tonight, we head to my mom's for a late family christmas...long story, but i spent christmas eve with my mom...this is an in-town family christmas celebration since my wife's christmas tradition conflicts violently with my sister-in-laws. it makes for great fun.

you can expect a full report. until then...easy does it.