From the land of the lost...there is life.

Sunday, December 15, 2002

fa la la la la

spent the weekend decking our halls in preparation for a family holiday party that is set to start any minute here. it is good to have a clean house packed with food and beverage and decorated for the holidays. so i have made it past my fuck christmas mood and am finally on the christmas spirit bandwagon vs. falling off the other wagon and having some spirits!

my wife got us tickets to go see jerry seinfeld in mid-January. this should be a lot of fun.

this whole entry is designed to put some distance between me and the last posts on "the mistake."

Tonight I will probably direct this nervous energy into prepping for what will be a busy week. You'd be amazed at how much crap people try and pack into the last full week of the year.

This Friday is our annual holiday Christmas party. Only half my coworkers will be there due to the proximity to the actual holiday and a ton of people leaving town. But there are others that have issues with it. It's held in a stuffy "club" with marble, wood and conservative decorations. It also includes a speech from our CEO. And make no mistake, it is a speech.

I'm going and I'm not even getting to tap into the free booze that flows throughout the evening. I really feel that people make this party out to be a bigger pain in the ass than it really is. Kinda like life is what you make of it, this party is too.

The speech is a small price to pay for a few hours of hanging out with your coworkers, their spouses/partners/dates/small barnyard animals and enjoying an excellent dinner and celebrating the holidays together.

So the above is proof I have come full circle from Grinch to Father Christmas. Perhaps my family party will take some of this wind out of my sails...